“Sex life? What sex life?” I hear you claim. You’re a parent and life is so hectic that you hardly have time to think about your very own sexual requirements, let alone do anything to satisfy them. It can appear like your own needs do not matter, it’s the children that have top priority and you have to do whatever it takes to care for them. Do not be fooled, your needs are essential and ignoring them isn’t helpful for anyone, not you, not your partner and also definitely not your children. You may not be able to do all the things you did before you settled down, life has changed but you can still enjoy yourself a little!
So how do you dedicate energy and time for sex when you’re up to your eyes with work and other commitments? It takes a little bit more planning as well as initiative than in the past but you have to assure yourself that it can happen and it is definitely worth it.
So how do you have more sex? Okay, exactly how do you have any sex?
- Make it a priority and it will happen. Feeding the kids rapidly becomes a priority when you have nagging children at your feet. Don’t give up until you get what you need.
- Find a time that works. It may be early in the morning before the youngsters get up, it may be quickly after they’ve gone to bed ignoring the dishes as well as the washing and cleaning up, it may be during the day while the children are watching a video. You have to make time for each other.
- Do something that make you think about sex. It can be tough to get in the right mood at times, so try watching a hot movie, read erotic fiction together, write your partner a sexy note, think back to a time when you had great sex and relive just how good it felt.
- Take a shower with each other. There is something about getting naked as well as wet together that can be very erotic.
- Expect interruptions but don’t be put off. Interrupted and feel the moment is gone? Let it be a diversion to increase your desire for sex, not extinguish it.
- Do not wait till you get into bed to initiate sex. When you’ve been with each other a while it’s easy to get stuck in the same old habits, like falling into a deep sleep when your head touches the pillow. It’s in these instances that you need to make a change in order to kickstart your sex life. Sex can happen anywhere so use the spaces you have.
- Perhaps the most important point of all – do not give up! Find a way to make it happen. Your needs are important too, and you’ll be all the better for it when they’ve been met.